Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Voices in My Bed - pt1 of true paranormal stories

I've been asked many times about my paranormal experiences, especially now that I'm involved with a paranormal investigative team. So, I've decided to share some of those experiences here on my blog, as well as some of the stories passed down through my family. Though I alter them quite a bit, I tend to use my experiences in my paranormal fantasy novels. Here is the first story of this series. Enjoy!

Voices in My Bed

By Dana Davis

My first experience with the paranormal started when I was about three years old and continued until I was almost seven. We lived in a rental house at the time and my bedroom was a converted garage. Every night when I went to bed, I would hear what sounded like a room full of adults talking. They started out distant and would grow louder within seconds, as though they were coming straight at me. While the voices were going on I always felt strange, like part of me was split or in two places at once. It scared me every time and I would hide under the covers until the voices disappeared and then go to sleep.

I never understood anything that was said because it was like being in a large cafeteria with everyone talking at once, but there were no utensil sounds, only voices. When I was about six, I would listen really hard and try to make out a single voice among the many but never could. I even spoke a couple of times to see if I could get a direct response but I never did.

These voices happened every night for three to four years and only lasted a few seconds. That’s how it always happened. I don’t know why, but I don’t think I ever told my parents about it. The voices stopped when we moved. I tried as a teenager and again as an adult to hear those voices at bedtime but I never heard them again. To this day, I don’t know whether I was having some sort of auditory hallucinations or actually experiencing something paranormal in that house.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

Beyond the Gate

Beyond the Gate
sci-fi adventure

Lost Moon

Lost Moon
Award-winning fantasy novel

Quest for Freedom

Quest for Freedom
teen sci-fi

Blogger followers

The Silly Club

The Silly Club
I'm a member in good standing.