1. You always think of the perfect snarky thing to say - five minutes after the fact.
2. A woman cuts in line at the grocery store and instead of getting mad, you study her body language and clothes for that annoying character you’ve been trying to write.
3. You catch an argument at a local restaurant and wonder how you can work it into your next scene.
4. At a store, you discreetly follow the talking-loudly-on-her-cell-phone-lady, hoping to get something good to put in your novel.
5. Spam gives you story ideas.
6. You wish you could re-wind that fender bender to see the details of how it happened. You’ve got a similar scene to write in an upcoming book.
7. A guy flips you off on the freeway for no reason and you think, Yes! He’s the perfect one to kill/maim/torture in your next book, so you devise his shady life on the way to your destination.
8. You’re stuck at the airport because of weather, so you get yourself a snack and start people-watching.
9. Someone asks about your last date and you immediately think back to that yummy guy you just finished writing about before realizing he’s fiction.
10. You start quoting slang you invented for your new series before realizing the rest of the world isn’t in on it. Yet.
On a side note - my kindle books are now $2.99. Cheaper than a gallon of gas!
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (19)
- ► 2014 (24)
- ► 2013 (30)
- ► 2012 (20)
- ▼ May (3)
- ► 2010 (27)
- ► 2009 (27)
- ► 2008 (29)