Monday, October 15, 2012

We Did It - Got Our LA Home!

Well, hubby and I made it into our new "this old house" over the weekend and have met five neighbors already. They all seem very nice and one gave us a welcome plant with beautiful yellow flowers. Of course, now we have a gazillion boxes all over the house and I've lost count of how many bruises I have from running into stuff. I hope to get back to a regular writing schedule soon, but I just can't stand messes so I plan to get as much unpacked as I possibly can this week.

I love my new office, too. Nice big window and a fireplace. The fireplace needs repair so we can't use it for an actual fire, yet. But I intend to put several battery-operated candles in it for ambiance until the budget allows us to fix it.

I started putting up Halloween decorations immediately. Like you didn't guess that already. My favorite holiday in my favorite state - beautiful and sunny SoCal. I couldn't ask for anything better. Been a long, hard 20 year road to get where we are today but we finally did it.

Keep on dreaming. But more important, get planning for your dreams and you'll eventually get there. Now, I'm off to enjoy those ocean breezes.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

Beyond the Gate

Beyond the Gate
sci-fi adventure

Lost Moon

Lost Moon
Award-winning fantasy novel

Quest for Freedom

Quest for Freedom
teen sci-fi

Blogger followers

The Silly Club

The Silly Club
I'm a member in good standing.