Monday, May 6, 2013

Getting back in touch with my thrifting and crafting self.

Now that we've moved back home - for those of you who haven't been paying attention, home is LA - I'm getting back in touch with my thrifting and crafting self. Buying a home here, which costs a butt-load of money compared to Phoenix, helped push me back into the DIY category of life. In fact, it gave me a hardy shove. Thought I'd share a couple of finds and projects I'm working on for the new "this old house".

I found this awesome storage ottoman at a local thrift store for under $11. Has a dragonfly print, which I love, and a mid-century feel to it. Looks great in our family room and I plan to store my crochet yarns inside.


I got this cute little baby at a yard sale for a whopping $5, brand new in the box. One of my favorite colors and even came with a foot pedal and lots of thread spools. Sewing's not my strong point, but for the price, I figured I could afford to practice on it.


I couldn't find a lamp I liked so I'm painting some of our existing ones. This one is from the 90s. I gave it a mid-century beach feel with a coat of paint. I'm not an artist, but armed with a paint brush or a glue gun, I can get into lots of trouble around the house.




No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

Beyond the Gate

Beyond the Gate
sci-fi adventure

Lost Moon

Lost Moon
Award-winning fantasy novel

Quest for Freedom

Quest for Freedom
teen sci-fi

Blogger followers

The Silly Club

The Silly Club
I'm a member in good standing.